CLAT PG 2021
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and 45% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2021.
PG Question Paper Format
- Maximum Marks : 150
- Duration of exam : 02:00 Hours
- Multiple-Choice Questions : 100 questions of one mark each
- Subjective Questions : 50 Marks (Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks, 800 words per essay) on the topics of law and contemporary issues
- Syllabus: Constitutional Law & Other areas of law such as Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law
- Negative Marking : 0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
The PG-CLAT 2021 will feature an emphasis on the comprehension abilities of the students. It shall be of 120 minutes duration, with one sections:
- The first section would include 100 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The second section would require candidates to write 2 descriptive essays.
- Candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
The paper will be based on the mandatory subjects of the undergraduate program and include Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law.
In this section of the PG-CLAT 2021, you will be provided extracts from primary legal materials such as important court decisions in various fields of law, statutes or regulations. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will require you to demonstrate the:
- Ability to read and comprehend the issues discussed in the passage, as well as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage;
- Awareness of the issues discussed in the passage, as well as of legal issues and facts related to and arising out of the passage and the judgment or statute from which it is extracted;
- Summarise the passage; and
- Ability to apply your knowledge of the fields of law discussed in the passage.
In this section of the PG-CLAT 2021, you will be required to write essays answering Any 2 questions from amongst the list of questions supplied. Your answers must not exceed 800 words each, and you will be required to demonstrate the following in your response:
- Awareness of the legal, factual, and philosophical issues arising out of the questions you choose to answer;
- Ability to structure your answer, and clearly set out various arguments and perspectives related to the topic set out in the questions and to draw a conclusion based on the above.
- The online enrollment for CLAT 2021 will open on 1st January 2021 and close on 31st March 2021.
- The applications has to be submitted ONLINE only from consortiumofnlus.ac.in website.
- The date of examination is 13th June 2021 from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- The CLAT 2021 examination will be held in OFFLINE mode
- Application fees can be paid online only.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2021 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after the candidates choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
Admit Card/Hall ticket
- The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
PG CLAT 2020 Sample Paper issued by Consortium of CLAT