Legal Job: Lead-Legal Counsel-Contract at Tesco Bengaluru
Tesco in Bengaluru is a multi-disciplinary team serving our shoppers a little better every day across markets. Our goal is to create a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardising processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers.
The primary accountability of this role is to:
- Draft and negotiate contracts in diverse areas across the Group including goods for resale and goods not for resale
- Provide specialized contracts legal advice
- Facilitate the implementation of standard methodologies simplified engagement process and ways of working
- Advising on a varied range of commercial contracts.
- Collaborating closely with the specialist in-house lawyers as necessary (e.g. Data Protection Competition Law IP).
- Considering stakeholder concerns and spotting other issues: working with the business (not just for them) and adding value.
- Simplification and innovation; supporting innovation and use of technology to simplify and improve the provision of legal services.
- Engaging with and supporting other lawyers across the UK and international Tesco group.
- Compliance with Tesco Business Code of Conduct and other policies as applicable from time to time
- Represent Talent Acquisition in all forums/ seminars pertaining to process compliance and audit
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required by management
- Driving CI culture implementing CI projects and innovation for withing the team
Operational skills relevant for this job:
- A pro-active self-starter who is able to work autonomously. – Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of contracts. – Excellent project management skills and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. – Excellent interpersonal skills and highly team-oriented. – Excellent written skills and attention to detail.
Experience relevant for this job:
- Graduate with at least 3 years of post qualification experience gained at a leading UK or Indian law firm Experienced paralegal (UK) / 1-2 years PQE with experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. (although those outside this PQE and with the relevant experience will be considered). – Documentation relates to properties in UK region so proficiency and knowledge in UK laws will be required – Communication and negotiation skills – Ability to work independently and cross functionally under pressure Advanced MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
To apply for this Job : Click Here
LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/9223587/
Telegram Link: https://t.me/lawfaculty_in