LLB. II Sem. Examination, May 2015
Family Law — I (Hindu Law)
[Time : Three Hours]
[Maximum Marks : 100]
Section – A
(Very Short Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt all five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. Who is Defacto Guardian ZOR?
2. Who may take in adoption?
3. Who is a Hindu minor?
4. What do you mean by Debutter property?
5. What do you mean by Maintenance pendent lite?
Section – B
(Short Answer Questions)
Note : Attempt any two questions out of the following 3 questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. What changes have been brought about by Hindu Marriage Act, 1955? Discuss.
7. Explain the Doctrine of Relation Back.
8. Distinguish between public and private endowment.
Section – C
(Detailed Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail.
9. Explain the general provisions relating to succession as provided under the Hindu Succession Act 1956.
10. Discuss the grounds of divorce as provided to a Hindu spouse in the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.
11. What are the essentials of a valid custom? When does custom become Law? State the different type of customs.
12. Define Gift and give its essentials. Can a gift be made in favour of an unborn Child? Distinguish between Gift and Will.
13. What is religious endowment? How is it created? Can endowment be transferred?