Family Law — I (Hindu Law), LL.B. II Sem Examination, May 2017, CCS UNIVERSITY
LL.B. II Sem. Examination, May, 2017
Family Law-I (Hindu Law)
[Time : 3 Hours]
[M.M. : 100]
Note: Attempt all the sections as per instructions.
Attempt all the five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. Explain Sapinda Relationship.
2. Who is Minor?
3. Difference between void and voidable marriage.
4. Discuss Maintenance pendente lite and expenses of proceedings.
5. Who is Hindu?
Note: Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. Name the different remedies under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 to dissolve the marriage?
7. Discuss the principles which guide the Court in the exercise of its power to appoint a guardian for minor’s person and property.
8. Discuss the role of judicial decisions as a source of Hindu Law.
Note: Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail.
9. What are the rights of maintenance of widowed daughter-in-law under the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956? When does a widow loses her right to maintenance?
10. On what specific grounds a Hindu wife may file petition for divorce under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, but the husband cannot file.
11. What is Adoption? What are the requirements of a valid Adoption under Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956?
12. Distinguish between Mitakshara and Dayabhaga schools of Hindu Law.
13. (1) What are essentials of a valid marriage?
(2) What are the grounds of voidable marriage u/s 12 of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.