Family Law — I (Hindu Law), (Old Course) LL.B. II Sem Examination, May 2018, CCS UNIVERSITY
LL.B. IInd Semester Examination, May-2018
FAMILY LAW – I (Hindu Law)
[Time: 3 Hrs.]
Note :— Attempt all the Sections as per instructions.
Note:- Attempt all the five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. What is meant by Debutter Property?
2. Rule of Damdupat.
3. Pious obligation (Under Hindu Succession Act 1956).
4. Doctrine of Factum Valet.
5. Agnate and Cognate.
Note : Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. “Hindu marriage is a sacrament not a contract”. Explain with the essential conditions for a valid Hindu marriage.
7. Is it true to say that Hindu law is not lex loci, but a law of status? Discuss.
8. What are the essential conditions for a valid Hindu adoption? Who can take a child in adoption?
Note : Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail.
9. Discuss the various sources of Hindu law and dwell the role of custom in the development of Hindu Law. Is it true to say that the clear proof of usage will outweigh the written text of law? Discuss.
10. What is partition under Mitakshara? Discuss various modes of partition. How can it be re-opened?
11. Who are the natural guardians of a minor in order of priority? Who is the natural guardian of an adopted child? What are the powers of a natural guardian? Discuss.
12. Define and distinguish between a ‘Gift’ and a ‘will’? Compare the respective position of a male and a female in this behalf.
13. Name the grounds of divorce available in Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Explain any three of them with relevant cases and provisions.