B.A. LL.B.-IV Sem.
B.A. LL. B. Examination, May 2018
Human Rights Protection & Remedies
[Time: Three Hours]
[Maximum Marks: 100]
Note: Attempt questions from all Sections as per instructions.
(Very Short Answer Questions)
Answer all parts of this questions. Each question carries 4 marks. [ 4×5=20]
- (i) Write about the United Nations Human Rights Council.
(ii) Write measures for protecting Child Rights.
(iii) Write two objects and two salient features of the Human Rights Act, 1993.
(iv) How does National Human Rights Commission constitute?
(v) Explain the scope of public interest litigation.
(Short Answer Questions)
Answer any two questions. Each question carries 10 marks. [10×2=20]
3. Explain the provisions relating to the investigation by the National Human Rights Commission.
4. Explain the minority rights and scope of their protection in India.
(Detailed Answer Questions)
Answer any three questions. Each question carries 20 marks. [20×3 = 60]
5. What Human Rights are included in right to live respectfully under Article 21 of Indian Constitution? Explain with reference to the decided cases.
6. Discuss the various rights enshrined in European Convention on Human Rights.
7. Give an account of judicial activism in India with regard to upholding Human Rights.
8. Explain the various modes for the implementation of the human rights under the Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
9. Explain the short title, extent and commencement of ‘The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993’.