Law Counsel at Wells Fargo [4 Years PQE; Bengaluru]: Apply Now!
Wells Fargo is hiring for the role of Employment Law Counsel to join its office in Bengaluru.
About the Opportunity
This is an on-site job opportunity based in Bengaluru. The job title for this role is Employment Counsel, with a functional title of Counsel 2. This role reports administratively to the Head of Legal India & the Philippines and functionally to the Managing Counsel – International Employment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The role will form part of the International Employment team within the Employment Counselling and Litigation Section, which is in itself part of the Employment Division of the Legal Department.
- While the position will functionally report out-of-region to the Managing Counsel, on a practical, day-to-day level, the successful applicant will work closely with senior employment lawyers in India, the Philippines, and APAC.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice on the broad spectrum of employment-related matters to the Wells Fargo India HR team and other key partners, such as Legal, Compliance, Risk, and line of business stakeholders;
- Managing employment threats and/or claims arising within the region, and working closely with HR, Employee Relations (ER), and other stakeholders to develop and execute plans to bring such matters to a satisfactory resolution;
- Providing timely input on enterprise and regional HR and employment law-related initiatives; such as review of incentive plans, benefit plans, new policies and procedures, and new processes;
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in employment law and communicating these developments to stakeholders within Wells Fargo India in a timely and thoughtful manner;
- Providing subject matter expertise to disciplinary and conduct committees as appropriate;
- Liaising with and appearing before labor and other statutory bodies with respect to labor law compliance matters; and
- Managing outside counsel relationships.
- Graduate Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University.
- 4+ years of post-qualification experience, preferably with a tier 1 law firm, and a period spent as in-house employment counsel.
- Good legal and regulatory knowledge of Indian employment/labor laws (CLRA, state shops and commercial establishment laws, and other labor laws applicable to the ITES industry) relating to employment, contractors, vendor compliance, and other day-to-day legal issues.
How to Apply?
Follow & Join Law Faculty on LinkedIn, Telegram and WhatsApp for more job & Internship updates.
If you wish to receive regular updates regarding jobs and internships on Whatsapp, feel free to drop me a message on 9643852903