Legal Associate at BlackRock, Gurgaon [ Apply Now]
BlackRock is searching for a highly motivated individual to join the Thresholds team within BlackRock’s broader Legal & Compliance function.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day advice to investment teams regarding the impact of ownership limits and other regulations on portfolio management and negotiated transactions;
- Partner with, and provide legal guidance to, the operations teams responsible for making major shareholder disclosures in APAC jurisdictions;
- Identify, analyze, and respond to regulatory and legislative changes and emerging academic theories impacting foreign investment rules, position disclosures, competition policy, proxy voting, and investment stewardship activities;
- Research and provide advice to APAC threshold leads on whether individual issuers, securities, and financial instruments are subject to ownership limits and foreign investment rules.
- Engage with issuers and regulators to discuss investment constraints and secure approvals and/or relief from ownership limits;
- Coordinate APAC-wide projects and work closely with various APAC threshold country leads within the APAC legal team;
- Manage and supervise the work of outside counsel; and
- Manage routine matters such as responding to regulatory and issuer inquiries, advising on policies and procedures, and providing training sessions to colleagues
- A from a nationally recognized law school;
- At least five years of regulatory or transactional experience practicing at a major law firm and/or in the legal and compliance department of an asset manager, investment bank, hedge fund, or other financial services company;
- An understanding of the securities laws and regulations affecting asset managers in major APAC jurisdictions, and a desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including a proven ability to explain complex legal concepts in a clear, simple, and commercial manner;
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to bring a commercial and solution-orientated approach to your work; and
- The ability to prioritize numerous demands and simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive matters in a highly organized manner.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.
Follow & Join Law Faculty on LinkedIn, Telegram and WhatsApp for more job & Internship updates.
If you wish to receive regular updates regarding jobs and internships on Whatsapp, feel free to drop me a message on 9643852903