Legal Job: Asst. Manager – Legal at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
The Asst. Manager — Legal will support projects and various day-to-day legal matters of Life Science Group (LSG) division of the Company under the supervision of the General Manager – Legal. of the company, with a focus on litigation management and contract management. The role will execute on projects that build contract management standard methodologies, enabling better contract compliance and improved service levels for customers. The incumbent is expected to safeguard our reputation by ensuring that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- Ability to handle broad range of legal disciplines, including commercial contracts, lease of immovable properties, business law, competition Law, IP, compliance, anti-corruption, FCPA issues, Legal Metrology compliance, regulatory matters, interacting with government officials. Preference will be given to those who have handled Customs matters ensuring ongoing compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Handle litigation, labor issues, employee issues and advice on disciplinary actions.
- Assessing legal risk and report/escalate the same to the General Manager – Legal of the LSG Division. to facilitate business execution, while also applying effective risk management techniques.
- Help in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts/documents related to the day-to-day operation of one or two BUs/divisions
- Reviewing & keeping updated on national and local legislation that may affect the semiconductor, life-scientific or material science industry
Qualification, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in law from a Premier Institute in India
- Should have minimum 6 years of proven experience as an in-house lawyer in business environment
- Excellent in working knowledge on corporate laws and procedures, commercial contracts, including technology sales, distributor/agency agreements, license and services agreement, business law and competition law basics.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- In-house experience in a sales organization, dealing with executives and strategic customers
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to effectively influence in a matrix organizational structure
- Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation, communication (verbal and written)
- Results and proactive solution driven
- Highly self-motivated with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
To apply for this Job : Click Here