Directorate of Backward Classes Welfare, Chennai requires the services of one law officer initially for a period of two years.
Roles and Responsibilities
Law Officers are expected to perform the following duties/functions:
- Tender legal opinion on the issues coming before the department. Prepare para-wise comments on all OAs, Writ petitions, SLPs, and PILs filed against the department and forward to the concerned Standing Counsel after approval of the Competent Authority for drafting counter affidavit.
- Scrutinize the Counter Affidavit received from Counsel with reference to the para-wise comments.
- Perform such other work of legal nature, as may be trusted from time to time.
- Maintain the list of pending court cases in the department.
- Monitor the pending court cases.
- To assist and be present in the court at the time of the hearing.
- Further, the law officers should be in sound health (Both physically and mentally) and should be of impeccable integrity.
- The law officers shall also assist the department in any policy decisions/matters as and when required by the department.
- Shall deal with Court matters including cases involving legal issues for examination and recommendation of appropriate action to be taken by the Competent Authority.
- Applicant should have Full time three years bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) OR 05 years integrated LLB degrees with minimum 50% marks or equivalent GPA course from Bar Council of India recognized Institute/College/ University.
- Applicant must have been registered as an Advocate with the Bar Council of India/State Bar Council in terms of Advocate’s Act, 1961.
- Applicant should have been a practising advocate with a minimum of 3 years experience before any Court of Law in India or having working experience of a minimum of 3 years as a legal professional with any PSU/Govt. department or with a large private organisation post minimum qualification of LLB.
- Applicant should be fully conversant with practice and procedure in all service matters, drafting of Petitions, Applications, Affidavits, other related matters etc.
- Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, and knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint etc. are essential.
Rs. 50,000/- per month (inclusive of all ) Contract Pay
How to Apply?
Applications from eligible candidates for the aforesaid position are invited in the enclosed proforma (Annexure-II and III) along with copies of certificates of essential qualification and experience. The applications may be addressed to the Commissioner of Backward Classes Welfare, Ezhilagam Annex Building, II Floor, Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005.
It may be noted that applications should reach on or before 25.08.2023.