Legal Job: Legal Counsel at Uber
We are Uber. The go-getters. The kind of people who are relentless about our mission to help people go anywhere and get anything and earn their way. Movement is what we power. It’s our lifeblood. It runs through our veins. It’s what gets us out of bed each morning. It pushes us to constantly reimagine how we can move better. For you. For all the places you want to go. For all the things you want to get. For all the ways you want to earn. Across the entire world. In real time. At the incredible speed of now.
What You’ll Do
- Be an active and trusted business partner, and ensure the provision of timely business-focussed advice to the INSA Mobility and Delivery businesses.
- Be a trusted adviser to the business, and provide legal and strategic input on a wide variety of initiatives and issues for both our Mobility and Delivery businesses (in the relevant countries) in the INSA region.
- Manage a wide variety of legal work for INSA markets, including contracts, commercial advisory work and regulatory matters.
- Understand, interpret and apply current laws and regulations as applicable to Uber’s business models in the region and your areas of responsibility.
- Provide critical and proactive legal and strategic input on a wide range of complex and strategic issues. It’s our job to peer around corners for the business and ensure that we are well-positioned for the future.
- Negotiate and manage commercial agreements on transactions.
- Balance the need for rigorous compliance with pragmatic, creative advice to move the business forward and allow for continuous innovation and development of products.
- Efficiently manage the team’s legal budget and compliance with outside counsel guidelines.
What You’ll Need
- Significant and relevant post-qualification experience at a top law firm or in-house of 8+ years (including a combination of the two). Qualified to practice law in India.
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school or university.
- Excellent business judgment, communication, diplomatic and interpersonal skills (with a high level of emotional intelligence).
- Superior analytical and legal skills, mature judgment, innovative thinking and a desire to take the initiative and think two steps ahead.
- Ability to translate complex legal issues and ambiguity into clear and simple advice, to communicate effectively with non-legal internal colleagues, and to interface with a broad range of senior business managers, executives and other colleagues and professionals across our company.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and influence, persuade, and build consensus as well as thrive in high impact/high profile situations.
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics and accountability.
- Enthusiasm about Uber and our mission
To apply for this Job : Click Here
Follow & Join Law Faculty on LinkedIn, Telegram and WhatsApp for more job & Internship updates.
LinkedIn Group: https://lnkd.in/dQvJDyge
Telegram Link: https://t.me/lawfaculty_in
WhatsApp Link: https://lnkd.in/e8rxebMs
If you wish to receive regular updates regarding jobs and internships on whatsapp, feel free to drop me a message on 9643852903