Legal Job : Senior Manager- Legal & Secreterial
Experience: 10 years
About Godrej Properties
Godrej Properties is among the fastest growing real estate companies in India, having grown by a CAGR of 20% by booking value in the last 5 years and earned the distinction of being the largest listed real estate developer in India for last two financial years (FY2018 and FY2019). We aim to accelerate this momentum further over next few years and are looking for motivated individuals to be a part of our growth story.
Godrej Properties has a unique Joint Venture based development model which helps us to keep an asset light balance sheet, thereby mitigating financial risks associated with a debt heavy structure, supports independent scale-up of local operations across various geographies and create a strong business development pipeline.
GPL has been consistently ranked amongst the top 2 places to work in the Real Estate segment in the “Great Places to Work” survey. We take much pride in fostering an inspiring workplace, with an agile and high performance culture. We are also deeply committed to recognising and valuing diversity across our teams. GPL brings the Godrej Group philosophy of innovation, sustainability and excellence to the real estate industry. Each development combines a 122–year legacy of excellence and trust with a commitment to cutting-edge design and technology. GPL has received 8 awards in Q1 FY19. Godrej Properties is currently developing residential, commercial and township projects spread across the country in 12 cities.
Your Roles & Responsibilities
- Has hands on experience in handling real estate transactions independently including (a) drafting of joint venture agreements, development agreements, conveyance deeds, lease deeds, LLP Deeds, General power of attorney, etc.; (b) negotiations with the opposite party for finalization and closure of transactions; and (c) title and transaction risk identification along with ability to provide suitable mitigations.
- Has in depth knowledge of land (Maharashtra) and has handled title due diligence and/or conducted title search in respect to the land and has complete knowledge of revenue / land records in the state of Maharashtra.
- Is proficient with structuring of real estate transactions such as joint ventures, LLP structure, entity take over, collaboration agreements, etc.
- Has hands on experience in handling customer related issues including (a) drafting of application forms, allotment letters, buyer’s agreements, conveyance deeds, maintenance agreements, etc.; and (b) handling disputes raised by the customers and/or in relation to the projects.
- Has hands on experience in research work and is proficient in working on various legal software.
Drafting (Contracts and Pleadings)
Ability to manage multiple projects / negotiations simultaneously in very tight timelines.
Good command on English and Marathi with qualitative drafting skills.
Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and development skills.
In-depth knowledge of legislations and regulations relevant to real estate.
Exposure of handling customer disputes and negotiating land owners.
Deal Evaluation-Conduct detailed due diligence on land records (title, deeds, check if there are cases against it) as per the due diligence checklist before the meeting with the JV Partners.
- Assists business development during negotiation with JV Partners and JVP’s advocates / solicitors on commercials of the deal.
- Advises on the legal structure of the deal.
- Assists business development team in finalizing the deal for the execution.
Maintains comprehensive documentation of land records and related transactions.
Drafting Agreement-Deal related agreements
- In house Drafting of various legal documents like: development agreement, term sheet, share purchase agreement, shareholder agreements, agreement to sell, power of attorney, affidavits, indemnity, service / sales agreements, etc.
- Follows up with HO for approvals on all draft agreements
- Gets inputs from the marketing team for preparing the customer agreements for new projects.
- Draft allotment letter, agreement for sale, possession letter, schedule of payments, notices, etc.
- Assesses specific requirements put forth by individual customers and finalizes the customer agreement.
Facilitates the entire process of Stamp Duty and registration of the legal documents.
- Provides required documents to customers such as documents required during filing for housing loans / addition of name of spouse/ transfer of property to another buyer
- Advises customer on stamp duty and other relevant regulations.
- Provide timely advise to other departments on concerns / queries having a legal impact.
- Examine contracts made by Contracts team to provide legal controls and checkpoints.
Generate a knowledge repository for updates on laws, regulations, ordinances, by- laws relating to real estate industry and make the same available to the team.
Source : LinkedIn