Google is looking to hire Regional Counsel, Legal at their various offices around India.
About the Opportunity
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century but move information law forward as well.
In this role, you will handle a wide range of legal matters in India. You will work as a strong legal generalist and advise the business on its activities in India and West Asia, including key legal risks relevant to various product areas.
You will work closely with team members to roll out new products, and draft and negotiate agreements. 20th-century laws don’t always solve 21st-century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for working with some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age.
Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you address unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Negotiate and draft a variety of commercial agreements including bespoke agreements for novel/pilot products/projects, covering a wide range of activities.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product, marketing and business initiatives, and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation.
- Advise business teams and cross-functional project teams about potential legal risks, and ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in India.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from sales, engineering, product management, marketing, fax, finance, and other functional groups.
- Work with external legal counsel on specific matters on expert advice requests.
- Bachelor’s of Law, comparable law degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in relevant advisory and regulatory within the intellectual property, financial, and technology-related areas in India.
- Knowledge of the product ecosystem and the broader technology industry.
- Strong advisory, negotiation, and drafting skills.
- Excellent people management and written/verbal communication skills.
How to Apply?
Apply through the link given below this post.
By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from Gurugram, Bangalore, Mumbai, and Hyderabad.