Citi, Mumbai is hiring for the role of Assistant Counsel.
Includes, but not limited to:
- Inquiries: Requests arrive via email to the Team address or may be forwarded by another team member (who has been separately approached). Answer queries with regard to executed agreements and those under negotiation and any other documentation-related queries.
- Support: Support to various other internal departments including: Risk, Margin Ops, Operations, Business, RLAU, and, M&SS Legal Team.
- Maintain Data Integrity: Responsibility for Maker Checker function on Markets negotiated documentation and to amend/fix/maintain the integrity of data on relevant systems to reflect executed contract terms.
- Inputting & Executing of Master Agreements: Input data for ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support Annexes, and other agreement types, namely GMSLA, GMRA, MRA, etc, and liaising with RLAU with regards to data input.
- Audit: Perform internal audit checks and relay findings to direct line management.
- Novations /Mergers: Action novations, mergers, and name changes on data systems. Liaise with credit and margin ops in order to seek their approval before any changes are made. Ensure that documentation relating to novations, mergers, and name changes are appropriately archived.
- Projects: Be involved in and managed any ad-hoc projects relating to data input, systems, etc (may involve coordination with other doc/business units globally).
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience preferably from another bank or a premier law firm.
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Proven analytical and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience.