Assistant Legal Counsel, GSC’s – HSBC
About the legal job
Job Field: Legal
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Karnataka-Bangalore
Type of Vacancy: Country vacancy
Job Posting: 20-Aug-2021, 10:03:49
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Legal Counsel
Bangalore Legal team provides both negotiation and advisory services in business lines like Retail Banking Wealth Management, Commercial Banking & Global Banking & Markets. HSBC enters into OTC derivative transactions from time to time and these are documented by way of traded market documentation such as ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, etc.
- To undertake end to end negotiation and execution of Traded Market Documents such as ISDA Master Agreement, CSA, AFMA, GMRA, GMSLA, CDEA, Compensation Agreements, Guarantees, FX Give Up notices and other related documents.
- To undertake a detailed check of the constitutional documents for each type of counterparty based on the jurisdiction of the counterparty. This involves examining the constitutional documents, keeping in mind the home jurisdiction of the counterparty and prevailing laws across various geographies around the globe.
- Each individual will be responsible for each case received until its completion. Individually all staff have to display team work for efficient completion of work.
- Perform enhanced research by utilizing legal and analytical skills
- To strive for excellence in customer service.
- Understand and comply with all relevant policies and procedures issued by the Group and contained with the Group Standards Manual and relevant Functional Manuals, Desk Instructions Books and Process Guides.
- Law degree from a recognized Law College/University in India or Overseas
- 2 years’ experience working in a legal process involving drafting/vetting agreements/contracts
- Proven skills in drafting agreements/contracts
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Good interpretation, analytical & judgmental skills
Source : LinkedIn