Legal Associate at Axis Bank
It is a Contract for 11 Months
Role: Legal Manager
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area: Legal, Regulatory, Intellectual Property
Role Category: Other
Employment Type: Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
Experience: 5-8 years with legal experience
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide support and guidance to branches on the legal questions on matters relating to credit, retail, wholesale, default, foreclosure, collections, premises, outsourcing contracts, software contracts and other questions relating to the banking, as may be referred by the branches.
- Providing legal opinions under various laws, rules and regulations touching the bank’s business matters, including the Banking Laws, RBI Regulations, FEMA, Companies Law, Business Laws, Criminal Laws, Civil Laws etc., whereby the transactions are done compliant to the rules and regulations.
- Handling credit documentation related matters and advice the branches and other offices of the Bank in various documentation related issues and drafting the necessary documents, wherever standard ones are not available, in accordance with the business requirements.
- Advice the relevant business/operations teams on IBC, Structured Finance, Capital Market Transaction (equity and debt), M&A, Private Equity, IPR Structured Finance transactions
- Drafting of non-standard documentation on case-to-case basis and examination of standard documentation for modifications being suggested by clients.
- Manage serious and complex litigation and serving as a liaison to outside counsel litigating the matter.
- Serve as the primary legal support for branches, business units and other offices of the Bank and providing advice and guidance in regard to day to day matters such as account documentation, cheque processing and wrongful payment issues and other operational issues related to the banking, as may be referred by the branches.
- Advice on legal issues relating to new product features and all marketing efforts related to promotion of these products and also assist in developing policies and procedures compliant with applicable state and central laws.
- Review and advise on vendor contracts the related to banks business operations.
- Serve as primary legal support for marketing, in the review of vendor agreements and working with outside counsel in the case of celebrity and sports team endorsement agreements.
- Advising on premises related matters and Drafting and vetting of the Lease, Leave and License agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, ATM Agreements etc. Drafting deeds, agreements, bonds, notices etc.
- Monitor and update business as well as operation units of the bank on legal environment (e.g. changes in state or central laws, rules and regulations, court decisions, etc.) to ensure awareness of actual and pending changes in each area of legal responsibility and communicate information internally as appropriate
- Retain and serve as a liaison to and monitor the performance of outside counsel in order to contain costs.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by General Counsel and/or group heads.
Source : Naukri.com