Legal Job : Legal Counsel at Xiaomi India
Job ID : 15392
Job Type : Full-time
Location : Bengaluru
Experience : 3 – 8 Years
Business Unit : Legal
Organization : Xiaomi India
oles & Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for assisting with:
· Drafting and reviewing a host of agreements including master service agreements, repair services agreements, marketing agreements, employment agreements, consultancy agreements, engagement letters, audit services agreements, franchise agreements, IP licensing agreements, software development agreements, lease agreements, staffing services agreements and other commercial agreements.
· Handling legal matters relating to aftersales operations, logistics, employment and staffing arrangements, product compliances, admin and internal support functions.
· Liaising with and managing government, regulatory and/or quasi-judicial authorities as and when required.
· Advising on impact and consequences of new laws and regulations affecting Xiaomi’s businesses.
· Advising the business teams on strategizing and resolving legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, potential disputes and addressing any government enquires.
· Prioritizing and judging what matter should be handled internally or by outside counsels and managing the external counsels effectively.
· Providing strategic and practical legal advice to the business teams of the company as and when required. Ability to break down complex legal issues for the business and commercial teams to understand the associated risks and take correct informed decisions.
· Provide close support, guidance and oversight to the business teams on topics related to HR compliances, legal metrology, product related compliances, permits, licenses, approvals etc. and monitor corrective action plans relating to regulatory compliance.
· Assist in the preparation and completion of compliance checklists and risk assessment.
Skills and Qualifications:
· L.L.B Degree from a recognized university in India.
· 4-5 years of experience.
- Preferred experience in contract drafting, review and negotiation as an in-house counsel or as a part of a law firm.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively on multiple projects under tight deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality.
· Strong verbal and analytical skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, cross-cultural skills and highly team-oriented.
· Flawless language and drafting skills.
· Solid business acumen and willingness to work in an unstructured working environment and ability to interact comfortably with business and management persons.
· Strategic legal thinking and capable of arriving at practical legal solutions.