Legal Job : Legal Officer at Eka Software Solutions
Eka Software Solutions is the N0. 1 Commodity Management Platform in the world. Eka is the global leader in providing digital commodity management solutions driven by Cloud, Blockchain, Machine Learning and Analytics. The company’s best-of-breed solutions serve the entire trading value chain across agriculture, energy, metals and mining and manufacturing markets. Eka’s platform-driven solutions are embedded with commodity specific algorithms that empower businesses to stay on top of volatile markets by letting them scale at will, go live faster, and achieve better value for their investments. Eka has offices across the Americas, Asia, Australia, and EMEA serving 100+ customers globally across multiple commodity segments. Read more about Eka at www.eka1.com
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and executing various commercial contracts and documents.
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing following types of contracts;
- SaaS Agreements
- Consultancy Agreement
- Service Agreements
- Third party Logistic Agreement
- HR agreements with third party service providers
- Services agreements, inter-company contracts, employment contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreement and ancillary agreements, etc.
Lease Deed/ Renewals/ Termination
- Institutionalizing best practices for legal contracts and documentation with an objective to
- Advice on legal and regulatory matters including intellectual property, Labour laws, contract interpretation, breach and remedies, contract compliance requirements.
- Research into new regulations and legal regime in relation to the business and advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies.
- Maintain MIS on all compliance and governance related matters
- Knowledge of Secretarial compliance with regards to Companies Act 2013, FEMA and RBI matters
· LLB from a reputed Law College with experience in corporate laws, property laws, labour
laws, contracts drafting and compliance in software industry. In-house
· 6-8 years of experience in corporate legal, commercial contracts, and business advisory
Knowledge And Skills
· Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution
skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal
· Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in Intellectual Property laws, corporate
laws, statutory compliance and monitoring
· Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and
discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
· Able to drive efficiencies within the role and to be a trusted member within the legal/compliance team. Should enhance industry specific understanding and assist in establishing best practices for contract drafting/compliance issues.
· Ability to collaborate and engage with external counsel as and when required
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a
team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment
· Process oriented at the same time solution oriented
· Able to multitask.
· Good team player with a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
· Meticulous and punctual
· Strong communication skills and excellent command over English (both written and oral).