The Consortium of NLUs announced today the following decisions in relation to the conduct of the CLAT 2020.
a. The CLAT 2020 shall be conducted through a computer-based, online, centre-based test to be held on Saturday August 22, 2020.
b. The full list of examination centres for the CLAT 2020 will be notified to all candidates on July 1, 2020;
c. Candidates may register for CLAT 2020 till July 10, 2020;
d. All registered candidates shall:
i) Select or reconfirm their test centres
ii) Withdraw their registration; by July 10, 2020.
e. Where a candidate withdraws from CLAT 2020, their application fee shall be refunded after a deduction of INR 400 for SC/ST candidates and INR 500 for all other candidates towards processing charges. Refunds will be made by July 18, 2020.
- Candidates for the LLM programme in CLAT 2020 are hereby informed that the examination will include 120 MCQ questions to be answered in 120 minutes. There will be no Descriptive Section in CLAT 2020.
See the full notification here. Click here.
The Consortium of NLUs also announced SD-CBT
Social Distanced Computer Based Testing (SD-CBT)
CLAT 2020 will use a “Social Distanced Computer Based Testing” model which will enable a rapid restart of assessments with due compliance to social distancing norms and other key precautions to be taken to ensure prevention of virus spread. The model has been created after taking inputs from prominent
health experts to validate the procedures/processes that need to be followed at various stages of an exam in order to address the possible threats presented by COVID-19 and to ensure that exams are conducted safely for all concerned.
The CLAT will follow a model whereby:
- Staff will be deployed for Crowd Management and orderly movement.
- Staff with Thermo Guns will be present at entry gate.
- Sufficient cleaning staff, center administrators and invigilators with face masks and hand gloves will be deployed.
- Spray machines with disinfectant liquid will be used to sanitize examination centers thoroughly.
- Sufficient hand sanitizer and hand soap will be present across the test centers and washrooms.
- Candidates with fever or COVID symptoms will not be permitted inside the exam venue. A separate isolation lab will be set up to accommodate these candidates.
- PPE kits will be made available for staff in isolation labs.
- 3 ply masks and gloves will be provided to isolated candidates.
Further Important Instructions
- All candidates with temperature > 99.14 will be directed to the isolation lab for taking the examination.
- In case of candidate with scribe, both the candidate and the scribe must bring their own N95 mask.
- Candidates will be permitted to carry following items with them into the venue:
o Personal transparent water bottle
o Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
o A simple pen
o Exam related documents (Admit Card, ID card, etc.)
- Candidates will be told to switch off their mobile phones, and deposit it at the designated location, to be collected while exiting.