UPL is a leader in global food systems and with the acquisition of Arysta LifeScience, is now one of the top 5 agricultural solutions companies worldwide. With revenue of US$5 billion, UPL has presence in 130 countries. With market access to 90 percent of world’s food basket and focused on high-growth regions, UPL represents a compelling value proposition for growers, distributors, suppliers and innovation partners in a consolidating market. UPL offers an integrated portfolio of both patented and post-patent agricultural solutions for various arable and specialty crops, including biological, crop protection, seed treatment and post-harvest solutions covering the entire crop value chain.
Job purpose & key responsibilities:
The position is responsible for drafting of contracts, regulatory compliance of the organization with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations and offering advice to internal stakeholders. handling large number of litigations across India (civil as well as criminal), Candidates from litigation department of tier-2 law firms with exposure of handling large number of important litigations is preferred.
- Drafting and vetting of agreements related to business requirement including but limited to IT service agreement, Carrying & Forwarding Agency agreement, Lease Deed, Leave & License agreement, Distribution agreement etc;
- Works on contract lifecycle management tool while vetting various contracts/agreements;
- Effective coordination within the legal team and various business stakeholders;
- Effective liaison with various departments within the company to gain support and resolve issues;
- Proactively identify problems and present solutions;
- To conduct presentation on company code of conduct as may be necessary to the stakeholders.
II. Litigation: Handles litigation filed by and against the Company;
III. Compliance related to pesticide industry, licenses, registration, legal metrology label guidelines etc. Conducts compliance workshops and assists in the development and implementation of compliance procedures and presentation to business time to time.
A. Core Competencies
1. Business & Financial acumen
2. Analytical Thinking
3. Problem solving
5. Team Management
6. Strategic Planning
B. Functional Competencies:
1. Management of contract lifecycle management tool
2. Legal advisory and contracts management
3. Litigation management
Education & Experience Qualifications
Educational Qualifications: Any Law graduate/postgraduate in Law
Relevant Experience Necessary: Must have legal experience of 6-8 years experience in independently drafting, negotiating, and closure of contracts. Candidates should be willing to travel extensively within India as and when required.