Legal Job – Employee Relations Investigator – At Amazon
Job ID: 1621965 | ADCI – Karnataka
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources team as an ER Investigator.
The central objective of Amazon’s Employee Relations team is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of employees, consistent with our core business values and objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects.
As ER Investigator for Corporate teams in India, the candidate should be open to frequent travelling to several Amazon locations / offices within the city as well as to other cities with Amazon offices.
The Employee Relations Investigator will work proactively to:
· Act as POC for employee escalations by India Corp teams’ employees
· Independently conduct investigations from intake to closure for escalations
· Aggregate data across multiple internal and external sources including Exec escalations and WIC investigations to identify patterns, trends, and anticipate risks that effect employee relations
· Highlight and subsequently partner with respective HR Organization in devising plans to address the focus area
· Periodically present data, analysis, insights, and recommendations to HR / business leaders to inform and influence action in support of employee engagement and organizational health for site, region, or business
· Train business and HR partners on investigation and escalation processes
· Act as Owner for the investigation process, final action recommendations in line with Amazon policies and Code of Conduct including writing Investigation Report, consults with Legal Counsel as needed
· Liaison with Legal Counsel and provide necessary support for employee litigation
At least three years combined Human Resources, Investigations, Labor relations or Legal experience, and demonstrated passion for employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on labor and employee relations work.
Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field required or Bachelor’s degree in Law
Experience in conducting Investigations
Experience in building relationship and influencing large number of stakeholders
Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite systems including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Willing to travel frequently
– 2+ years experience in conducting investigations
– Knowledge of Indian labor laws
– Experience in dealing with labor authorities / courts in case of employee litigation
· Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) would be advantageous.