|Title||NUNV Operations Support Officer – Bhubaneswar (to be based in UNCDF Office)|
|Practice Area – Job Family||Basic Social Service|
|Vacancy Type||National Regular UN Volunteer|
|Bureau||United Nations Volunteers|
|Contract Duration||One year with possibility of extension|
|Duty Station||New Delhi, India|
|Vacancy End Date||05/07/202, Midnight New York, USA|
This recruitment will be handled by UNV India. This position is open for Indian nationals only as well as legal residents in the country or territory with the status of refugee/status of being stateless.
Conditions of Service
The contract lasts for the period indicated above with possibility of extensions subject to availability of funding, operational necessity and satisfactory performance. However, there is no expectation of renewal of the assignment.
Travel to duty station (if applicable) and a Settling-In-Grant will be provided in the event the duty station is not within commuting distance from the place of recruitment. The Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) of Rs. 42,473.67 (Rupees Forty Two Thousand Four Hundred Seventy Three and Paise Sixty Seven only) is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities and normal cost of living expenses. Life, health and permanent disability insurance are included (health insurance for up to 3 dependents), as well as final repatriation (if applicable) and resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.
Furthermore, in non-family duty stations that belong to hardship categories D or E, as classified by the ICSC, a Well-Being Differential (WBD) will be provided monthly.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of UNCDF’s Global Manager – Innovations and Financial Health, the National UN Volunteer Operations Support Officer will assist the following tasks:
Implementation of operational strategies
Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Efficient administrative and procurement support
- Coordination of travel arrangements, including preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visa applications, calculation of daily subsistence allowance or living allowance, and liaising with travel agencies.
- Timely follow-up action on travel claims, signatures as required, and ensure preparation of the necessary supporting documents. Provide administrative and logistical support for donor meetings, country/region-specific meetings, workshops, trainings, conferences, and any other special events organized, including procurement and contracting activities, making arrangements for conference calls and/or face to face meetings with vendors.
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters. Maintain the programme filing system in accordance with UNCDF rules; archive, organize and manage the documentation effectively.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
Support with supply and assets management
Coordination of assets management in the Office, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports. Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
Support with administrative and financial control
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of requests for payment.
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities.
- Provision of the information for the audit.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day)- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country- Provide annual and end of assignment reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities using UNV’s Volunteer Reporting Application- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in providing operational support covering administration, operations, procurement, programme management services at the national or international level.
- Experience in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning software (e.g. ATLAS or similar) is required.
- Experience with UN rules and regulations for operations and/or UNDP’s procurement processes is highly desirable.
- Experience in having supported audit reviews is desirable.
- Experience in analysing financial and project reports, update office budget and annual work plan is desirable.
Area of Expertise
- Procurement and contracting Mandatory Finance, accounting and audit Mandatory.
- Other development programme/project experience Mandatory.