Engagement of Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant on short-term contractual basis
- No.F.21 (LC)/2021-SC (RC)
New Delhi, dated 22.01.2021
- Online applications are invited from Indian citizens who fulfill the following Essential Qualifications and other eligibility conditions, as on 28.02.2021, for preparation of a panel of suitable candidates for engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistants in the Supreme Court of India purely on contractual basis.
- Starting date – 01.02.2021 at 00:00 Hours
- Last date – 28.02.2021 at 24:00 Hours.
- Candidate must not be below the age of 18 years and above 27 years as on the last date of receipt of applications.
- Application/Test Fee – Rs.200/- plus bank charges through online mode only.
- Rs. 65,000/- per month initially during the assignment session commencing from 01.07.2021 till the closure of the Court for Summer Vacation, 2022.
- The candidate must be a law graduate (as on the date of appearing at interview) having a Bachelor Degree in Law (including Integrated Degree Course in Law) from any School/College/University/Institution established by law in India and recognized by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate.
- Candidate studying in the fifth year of the Five-Year Integrated Law Course will also be eligible to apply subject to furnishing proof of acquiring Law qualification at the time of interview/before taking up the assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant.
- The candidate must have knowledge of computer including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processes such as Manupatra, SCC Online, LexisNexis, Westlaw etc.
Choice of Test Centre:
- The Written Test will be conducted at Test Centers in Delhi, Mumbai,
Bengaluru and Kolkata. The applicants are required to indicate their choice of Test Centre at which they wish to appear.
Method of selection:
Selection shall be made on the basis of Written Test and Interview. On the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test, merit list will be drawn and candidates will be short-listed.
Short-listed candidates, three times of actual requirement, in the order of merit, will be called for an Interview. A final select list shall be prepared as per requirement on the basis of Written Test and Interview.
- “Revised Scheme for engaging Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistants on short-term contractual assignment in the Supreme Court of India” available on the website of the Supreme Court of India, i.e. www.sci.gov.in.
- It is made clear that the engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant is a full time job, purely contractual in nature. It will not confer any right on the selected candidates to claim regular appointment/continuance in service in the Supreme Court of India.